Twenty Random Facts about Me
1. My middle name is Dawn. My name is very American despite me being so Japanese. Thus, I made sure each of my girls had a Japanese middle like I wished I had.
2. While pregnant, I tend to crave non-food related things. The oddest was with Erin. I craved EDM music. This is probably why her favorite lullaby was Turbulence by Steve Aoki. True story.
3. As an adult, I have an obsession with the original television show Dallas from the 80s. My lifelong goal is to visit Southfork Ranch. I can’t believe I just said that.
4. I have three tattoos.
5. I love Psychology. I think I may have missed my calling by not getting a doctorate in that field. I joke I’ll go back to college when one of my girls does. I’m sure she will love that.
6. I learned to speak Japanese before I did English, so technically English is my second language.
7. My childhood crush was Doogie Howser, M.D. It was the only night of the week my parents let me stay up later, so I could watch the show.
8. Aside from the birth of my daughters, the best day of my life was a day Anthony and I spent together in Berlin, Germany. I can remember every detail of that day as if it were yesterday.
10. Growing up, I despised Hello Kitty. I mean I legit hated her. Now, I love her. I have amassed a serious collection in just the past ten years. It’s slightly hilarious.
11. I’m all about trains. Whenever I travel, I try to make a point of using the train as my main mode of transportation. Ironically, I have never taken any trains in LA and I grew up here.
12. Speaking of LA, I don’t mind the traffic here. I know that sounds like an odd thing to say, but I suppose I’m just used to it. I accept that’s just part of life if you live here.
13. I’m a diehard Padres fan. Even though they are perennial losers, I can’t imagine liking any other team but them. They own a little piece of my heart.
14. Anthony and I met at Pure Nightclub in Las Vegas. Friends, what happens in Vegas does not stay in Vegas.
16. The number 16 is actually my favorite number because of Hideo Nomo. He was the first Japanese baseball player of my generation to play in the MLB.
17. My favorite drink is Ramune, a Japanese carbonated soda. Growing up, it came in a glass bottle with a marble inside. Looking back, it was a pretty dangerous choice because we would break the bottle open to get the marble out. We’re lucky no one ever got hurt.
18. I collect Le Creuset Mini Cocottes. My favorite ones are flower shaped from Takashimaya.
19. I hardly wear my wedding bands or engagement ring. I try really hard to remember, but more often than not forget to. My husband is pretty good about not making fun of me too much about it.
20. I really want to visit Charleston, South Carolina and Boston, Massachusetts. Those are two places I really want to visit in the US.